Thursday, March 8, 2012

Very well, they contradict themselves

I had not been aware of Pinterest; if I had, I probably would've set up an account and then not gotten around to doing anything with it. However, it seems to breed copyright issues, as Milehimama has learned.

Seems Pinterest tells you it's illegal to post anything that anyone else owns the rights to -- also it's rude to post anything you've made yourself. Which leaves . . . ?

A certain U.S. government form that shall be numberless tells you to fill the SSAN space with zeroes if the applicant has no Social Security number. Then it tells you to sign confirming under penalty of perjury that everything on the form is true.

I spent a few hours yesterday in a place where I overheard utterances like: "You're the ones who entered with the suspicious items . . . That's not what it says on your application . . . One person translating . . . Attention! The alarm was false." And where someone said to me, "Ma'am, let me see your hairpin." To which I replied, "It's plastic," and she was satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment