Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Why I didn' t post yesterday

Didn't feel smart enough, because I found myself:
  1. Laughing uncontrollably at Comic Book Guy's Book of Pop Culture
  2. Wanting to beat a dead horse by citing yet another precedent for Pope Francis'  asking the people to pray for him ("Bishop Challoner says St. Jerome says St. John asked the early Church to help him write his Gospel by holding a fast for him -- it worked, too")
  3. Attempting to join the 200 Club (you give in to that little prompting feeling the next 200 times you get it, and this is supposed to help you learn to recognize the Holy Spirit) and, through a second-grade level error in simple math, printing myself a chart that instead put me in the 2000 club. Maybe that means the Holy Spirit finds me 10 times harder to get through to than the average sinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment