Monday, July 16, 2012

What I've been doing instead of posting

  • Having a horrible time on the job -- never knowing if my edits were going to stay edited, or be dropped by the broken server, having published posts disappear the next time I looked at the site, hitting control+refresh over and over and expecting it to do something different
  • Reflecting that, even though my natal country's foreign service outposts have idiotic security procedures, at least they're not -- as far as I know -- spying on me, or trying to recruit me to undermine the country where I now live
  • Planning grandiosely to write about Zerubabbel, and Esther, a Real Housewife of the Old Testament
  • Accidentally standing under the drip in the front room ceiling
  • Tracking down a relative who's living alone on a  boat. Just to make sure, you know
  • Going to bed early before anything else can happen

No comments:

Post a Comment